The Religious Education Assistance Program (REAP) is a scholarship grant program developed and administered by Fredericksburg Council #4034 of the Knights of Columbus. The purpose of the program is to support Catholic school education by providing financial assistance in the form of grants to families who, because of financial difficulties, are unable to fully pay the current year’s tuition at one of three local area primary and secondary Catholic schools. This program does not provide financial assistance for students enrolled in the parish Religious Education Program.
Grants up to the amount of $2,000.00 will be awarded. Grants are for the 2015-2016 academic year only. Families may reapply for new grants in succeeding academic years if financial difficulties persist or recur. Scholarship grants awarded under this program will be paid directly to the appropriate school.
To be eligible for consideration, the following criteria must be met:
- The family must be parishioners of St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Fredericksburg, VA.
- The student must be attending one of the following three schools: Holy Cross Academy, Fredericksburg, VA; Saint Michael the Archangel High School, Fredericksburg, VA; or John Paul the Great High School, Dumfries, VA.
- The family must demonstrate financial need.
- The student must demonstrate a potential for academic success.
- Parents must volunteer/help at the school.
All of the following information concerning the student and family is required for the scholarship grant request to be processed.
- Name of the student and parent(s)
- Names and ages of children in the family currently residing in the household
- The circumstances that created the family’s financial need
- The current financial condition of the family. (Verification from school that you meet the school’s criteria for financial aid.)
- The student’s academic record (report card from previous year and grade point average), leadership positions held, and extracurricular activities.
- The parent(s) involvement at the school.
Grant requests should be placed in an envelope marked CONFIDENTIAL and mailed to:
Fredericksburg Council #4034
REAP Committee Chairman
Post Office Box 146
Fredericksburg, VA 22404
Applications must be submitted (postmarked) by Thursday, September 17, 2015 in order to be considered.
The information provided by the family will be reviewed by the Council’s REAP Committee to determine the eligibility of the student. All information provided will be held in strict confidence.
All families submitting grant requests will be notified by mail of the status of their submissions on or before Thursday, October 1, 2015.
If you require additional information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2015 - All Rights Reserved - Knights of Columbus Council #4034